I am finally presenting my favorite role, “The Discussion Leader”. As a final post and to be sympathetic, this week I am only asking 15 ( I was thinking of 20) questions instead of 10 (which gained positive feedback for some strange reason!). Enjoy!
I have also included the chapters you can rely your answers on in parentheses…Just for continence :).
Hint: You might want to socialize and talk to each other if you don’t know some of the answers (don’t include me in the conversation, I am the one who took the time to write this).
1) What is Death’s implication in the last two lines of the chapter? How
does Death’s words affect the tone of the chapter? (Homecoming)
2) .Death again gives the reader a glimpse of the end of the story. Death reveals that Himmel Street will be bombed and it will be raining when the world ends
for Liesel. How does Death feel about the bombing of Himmel Street? (The End of the World).
3) Why do you think Death describes the first ninety seven days after he
has already told the reader the out come of the ninety eighth?
4) What does Death learn about Michael’s death from The Book Thief? (The Ninety Eighth Day)
5) What does Death reveal with regard to the war and the situation in Germany? (The Way Maker)
6) Why would Max think that it was a great day to die? (Way of the Words)
7) Where does Liesel go after seeing Max? What does Rudy do? (Confessions)
8) In addition to the blank book, what other gift does Frau Hermann give to Liesel? (Ilsa Hermann’s Little Black Book)
9) What literary device does Liesel use to describe Papa? (The Rib Cage Planes).
10) What two items does Liesel leave beside Papa’s body? What happens to these items? (The End of the World (Part II))
11) When Liesel finally able to look at Hans, what does Death see? (The End of the World (PartII))
12) How was Liesel’s passing described? (Epilogue)
13) Who arrives in October 1945?
14) What discussion does Death have with Liesel when he finally takes her? (The Handover Man)
15) What does Liesel say to Rosa (back to “The End of the World” section).